Everyone on our team remembered the kitchen remodel of a home in Cleveland Heights, Ohio. After installing her counter tops, the homeowner brought us some wonderful Double Chocolate Espresso Brownies in gratitude for a job well done. Not only are we sharing some images of the kitchen remodel, but you’ll find the brownie recipe below!
Special Order stone: White Vermont
Edge Detail – OGEE Edge (Peninsula)
Edge Detail – Standard Eased (Back Counters)
Cooktop – Viking Rangetop
Full height splash
Another view of the kitchen.
Edge Detail – Standard Eased
Standard splash and Full Back Splash
Double Chocolate Espresso Brownies
- 2 sticks sweet unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 c. unsweetened Belgian cocoa
- 1 T. instant Italian espresso
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. Madagascar vanilla
- 1 c. flour
- 1 10 oz. bag of milk or dark Belgian chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 – 1⁄2 c. Turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- 8 oz. sliced or slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9X13 pan. Sprinkle instant espresso on butter and melt. Cool slightly and with heavy-duty spatula or wooden spoon, stir in cocoa. Add sugar and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time beating with spatula/spoon after each addition.
- Add salt, vanilla and flour. Stir until just combined. Add chips and combine.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle top of brownies with turbinado sugar then almonds.
- Bake 25-30minutes. Tester should have a few crumbs on it. Do not overbake!